Magnet is a digital and social innovation platform at Ryerson University with a mission to drive inclusive economic growth. That means:
- Connecting job seekers to career opportunities that match their skills, experience, and career goals.
- Connecting job seekers and workers to learning and career growth resources.
- Providing Canada’s industries and employers with an easy-to-use tool to recruit and retain diverse talent.
- Acting as a platform where stakeholders can come together to share knowledge and work together to solve common challenges in Canada’s labour market.
- Helping employers build their talent pipeline and supporting work-integrated learning opportunities for Canadian students.
- Alerting businesses to funding, wage subsidies, export opportunities, and resources for navigating COVID-19
Magnet offers employers across Canada a solution for saving time and effort to develop a talent pipeline. Employers can post job opportunities to Magnet at no cost and leverage the platform’s various tools to support major hiring initiatives while saving time and effort.
The Magnet Business Growth and Export portal also saves you time and enables access to relevant information from partners like Business Development Canada, Export Development Canada, and Global Affairs Canada.
Your profile lets us know key facts about your business, such as your location, industries and markets served, export capacity, and size. When new information on funding, trade missions, policy development, and export opportunities is released, you will receive updates in your inbox that match your business needs and requirements.