Table of Contents
Step 1: Navigate to the Job Search page
The Job Search section allows you to browse through job postings created on the Magnet Platform, in addition to those hosted on other job sites like Indeed.
Step 2: Choose the Job Site to search on
To begin your search, first select the Job Site on which you will run your search. All Magnet Job Seekers have access to three different job sites by default:
- Magnet: displays all of the postings created on the Magnet platform, in addition to “scraped” jobs from a wide variety of Employer websites. Magnet jobs are distinguished by the Magnet icon on the top right of the posting card. You can apply to Member Postings directly on the Magnet platform using your Magnet Profile. Clicking on a scraped job (a posting that does not have the Magnet icon) will open a new tab that will direct you to the employer’s careers page.
- Canada Job Bank: displays all the jobs created on the Canada Job Bank platform. Clicking on a job will open a new tab displaying the posting in Canada Job Bank.
- Indeed: displays all the jobs posted on Indeed. Clicking on a job will open a new tab displaying the posting on Indeed.
If you are part of a Magnet community, you may also have additional job site options, which we refer to as Community Job Sites.
Community Job Site: Some Magnet Partners offer an exclusive job site to their community members which hosts postings created by their affiliated employers. The job site corresponding to the landing page you are currently logged in through will always be displayed first, and will be selected by default.
Step 3: Set your search criteria.
You can refine your search results by setting search criteria using the first fields, What and Where.
- The “What?” field allows you to enter keywords that describe the job title, job description, or employer name.
- The “Where?” field allows you to enter the location of the position. To further refine your search results, you can additional search criteria using the “Add Additional Filters” menu, located directly beneath the What? Field.
- Job Type: The general schedule of hours you want to work (ex. full time, part time, contract, etc.). By default all options are selected.
- Job Level: Job Level refers to the seniority level of the position (ex. Entry level, Senior, etc.). Job level only applied to Magnet Member Postings. By default all options are selected.
- Job Function: The general industry or department in which you would like to work in. (Ex. Finance, Corporate Development; Sales and Marketing; Education; etc.)
Step 4: Run a search on either Magnet or any Community Job Site
By clicking on any Magnet Member Posting, you can see the full job posting, the Employer profile, and apply to the job all from within your Magnet account. Note: Clicking “Return to Search Results” will bring you back to the Job Search page, where you can continue to browse the results, or change your search criteria. Your three most recent searches will be recorded under the “Recent Searches” section, you can return to a previous search later.
Step 5: Click “Apply”
Clicking “Apply” will reveal file uploaders for each of the attachment types the employer required (if applicable) as part of the application. Applying to any Magnet Member Posting will always send the Employer a link to view your Magnet Resume. Depending on which application method the employer selected at the time of posting creation, you may also be directed to complete your application at another website, or an email application will be sent to the employer simultaneously with your Magnet application.
Applications submitted through Job Search for Magnet Member Postings will be recorded in the My Applications folder in Communications. In addition, an “Application Submitted” icon will appear next to the posting in your Job Search search results.