Table of Contents
- STEP 1: Click on My Settings option from your Profile Icon.
- STEP 2: From the left-hand navigation menu, select on Site Preferences.
- STEP 3: Click on the Organization Settings from the left menu.
- STEP 4: Add a New User to the organization.
- STEP 5: Designate some Users as Admins from the Admin tab.
- STEP 6: Under the Actions tab, click on the Transfer Ownership option.
Employer accounts can display different sections depending on the permissions of the user. The owner (the user who created the parent company account) and admins will have access to all fields. This section is written from the perspective of an owner account. Notes will be included in sections that display differently for non-owner accounts.
STEP 1: Click on My Settings option from your Profile Icon.
My Settings is organized into four sections: 1) My Settings, 2) Organization Settings, 3) Site Preferences, and 4) Homepage Panels.
The My Settings section contains four sections: Account Details, Change Password, Change Email Address, and Deactivate Account.
Account Details | Displays information specific to the person who owns the account:
- Account Email – The email address used to log into the account.
- First Name – Your first name.
- Last Name – Your last name.
Change Password | Allows you to change the personal login credentials used to access the employer account.
- Current Email – Displays the current email address associated with the account.
- Enter Your Current Password – A field in which you must enter the password you currently use to log into your account. If this password is not entered correctly the password change process will fail.
- Enter New Password – Enter the new password here. The password must conform to the site password standards: it must contain at least 1 capital letter, 1 number, and be at least 8 characters in length.
- Confirm New Password – Enter the new password in the same way as the previous field. If the two fields do not match the change password process will fail.
To complete the change password process, click the “Save” button after all fields have been completed. A success message will appear at the top of the page and an email confirming the password change will be automatically sent to the user’s email address.
Change Email | Lets you change the email used to log in to your account. The user will be presented with the following fields:
- Enter Password
- Enter New Email
- Confirm New Email
To complete the process, click “Save” after all fields have been completed. You will remain logged in to your account, with a session flash message displayed directing you to check the new email address for a confirmation message. Click the link in the confirmation email for the change to be finalized.
Deactivate | The Deactivate section allows you to deactivate your Magnet account. There are also the options to Remove Organization Access and Remove Collaborator Access. A deactivated account will have its email address altered to indicate that the account has been deleted. It will prevent the user from being able to access the account. You will be automatically logged out of their account on confirmation of deactivation and will no longer be able to log in.
STEP 2: From the left-hand navigation menu, select on Site Preferences.
The Site Preferences section contains the following features: Email Preferences, Notification Preferences, Language Preferences, and Blocked Senders.
Email Preferences | Allows you to set the frequency at which you will receive emails from the Magnet system. There are four frequency options:
- None – You will not receive any emails of this type.
- Immediate – You will receive an email when the triggering action occurs.
- Daily – You will receive one email per day that the activity occurs.
- Weekly – You will receive one email per week that the activity occurs. If there is no activity during the week, you will not receive an email.
Note: Not every email type will offer all four of these frequency options.
Employer accounts have five emails they can receive:
- Magnet Network Updates – News about the Magnet Network. [Set to Immediate by default]
- New Feature Updates – Notifications about new functionality or changes in the system. [Set to Immediate by default]
- Receipt of an Application – Notifications of new applicants to active postings. [Set to Daily by default]
- Account Notifications – Notifications about activity or changes affecting your account. [Set to Immediate by default]
- Targeted Messages – Notifications of new targeted messages available on your home page. [Set to Daily by default]
Notification Preferences | Allows the user to toggle their preferred notifications for the account. By default, all notifications will be set to On. Notification selections include New Applicant, New Message from Applicant, Posting Activated, Posting Declined, Community Forums Notifications, and Targeted Messages.
Language Preferences | Allows the user to toggle their preferred language for their account. By default, this setting will be set to English. We currently allow the following language options:
Blocked Senders | displays a list of all Community Messages senders you have blocked. If you wish to receive messages from a sender again, simply remove the sender from the list. All previously received messages from the sender will be restored to your account, but you will not be able to see any messages you might have received during the time the sender was blocked.
STEP 3: Click on the Organization Settings from the left menu.
The Organization Settings option is only visible to the Owner and both types of admin accounts. An Owner refers to the user account within an Employer account that controls the account’s users. An Admin is an account designated by the Owner. There are two types of Admin accounts:
- Organization Admins have almost all the same abilities as the Owner. Except, Admins cannot designate other users as Admins (but they can designate Limited Admins) and they cannot transfer the ownership of the account.
- Organization Limited Admins can add and remove users from the account but cannot change any user permissions.
All users, including the Owner, on the account are listed in a table format that displays the following information:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Permissions – a toggle that allows the Owner/Admin to remove a user’s ability to access the account.
- Edit/Delete User – a button that allows the Owner or Admin to permanently remove a user from the account.
Note: Users cannot toggle their own Access Authorization or delete themselves from the account.
STEP 4: Add a New User to the organization.
You have two different options to add new user(s) to your account: 1) Adding an Individual User and 2) Adding Multiple Users
Adding an Individual User
To add an individual user, click on the +Add Organization User button located to the top-left of the users list. A New Organization User Information panel will open where the Owner can enter the basic information about the account. The following fields are presented, all of which are required to create the account:
- First Name – The first name of the user you would like to add to the account.
- Last Name – The last name of the user you would like to add to the account.
- User’s Email – The email address of the user you would like to add to the account.
- Confirm User’s Email – Retype the email address of the user you would like to add to the account.
- Permissions – Indicate the Permissions you would like this user to have access to (e.g., Job Postings).
An optional item includes selecting Notification Language which identifies the language in which that user wants to receive information. To complete the account creation process, click the Create Account button at the bottom of the form. If any of the above fields are missing or if the two password fields do not match, an error message will appear under the top-most missing or incorrect field.
A confirmation message will appear when the submission is successful, and a row for the new user will be added to the Manage Organization Users list.
The new user will receive a confirmation email at the address provided. The user must click on the confirmation link in the email for their account to be activated. The user will then be prompted to create a password for their account.
Adding Multiple Users
If you have a significant number of users that you would like to add to your account, you can simply add the users in bulk! To proceed, click the +Bulk Add Organization Users button located next to the +Add Organization User button.
Upon doing so, you will be presented with 3 simple steps. Our system will ask you to download our pre-generated CSV file. Once you click on “Download Blank CSV File”, you will be asked to enter the first name, last name, and email address of the users to add to the account.
Once this is completed, upload the CSV file by clicking on the “Attach CSV File” button. The names of the users just uploaded will appear in your account.
STEP 5: Designate some Users as Admins from the Admin tab.
The Owner can choose to designate any User as an “Admin” or “Limited Admin” account from the Manage Organization Admins tab, found under the Actions tab on the Manage Organization page. Organization Admins have almost all the same abilities as the Owner, except they cannot designate other users as Admins (but they can designate Limited Admins) and they cannot transfer ownership of the account.
Limited Admins can manage users on the organization account in the same way that Owners can, such as adding users, toggling account access, and deleting accounts. However, Admins cannot delete other Admins or the Owner. Users can only be designated as an Admin once they have confirmed their account.
STEP 6: Under the Actions tab, click on the Transfer Ownership option.
This section allows the Owner to transfer their abilities to another user in the organization, thereby changing their own account to a regular account. A list of all available Users in the company will be displayed. If there are no other users attached to the company account, the page will be blank.
To transfer admin privileges, the Owner simply needs to locate the individual they want to give the Owner title to and click the Make Owner button to the right of their name.
Note: Each Employer account can only have one Owner at a time.