Table of Contents
- STEP 1: Click on My Settings option from your Profile Icon. Select Manage Account on the left-hand navigation menu.
- STEP 2: From the left-hand navigation menu, select on Site Preferences.
- STEP 3: Click on the Organization Settings on the menu.
- STEP 4: Add a new User to the organization.
- STEP 5: Designate some Users as Admins from the Admin tab.
- STEP 6: Under the Manage tab, click on the Transfer Ownership option.
Employer Accounts can display different sections depending on the permissions of the user. The Owner (the user who created the parent company account) and Admins will have access to all fields. This section is written from the perspective of an Owner account, and notes will be included in sections that display differently for non-Owner accounts.
STEP 1: Click on My Settings option from your Profile Icon. Select Manage Account on the left-hand navigation menu.
My Settings is organized into three sections: Manage Account, Organization Settings, and Site Preferences.
The Manage Account section contains five sections: Personal Info, Change Password, Change Email, Product Settings, and Deactivate Account.
The Personal Info page displays information specific to the person who owns the account:
- Organization Name – Displays the name of the Company the account is connected to. In order to make a change, the Owner must contact WhoPlusYou support.
- Organization Email – The email address used to log into the account.
- First Name – Your first name.
- Last Name – Your last name.
The Change Password section allows you to change your personal login credentials used to access the Employer account.
- Current Email – Displays the current email address associated with the account.
- Enter Your Current Password – A field in which you must enter the password you currently use to log into your account. If this password is not entered correctly, the password change process will fail.
- Enter New Password – Enter the password here. The password must conform to the site password standards, meaning it must contain at least 1 capital letter, 1 number, and be at least 8 characters in length.
- Confirm New Password – Enter the new password in the same way you entered it in the previous field. If the two fields do not match, the change password process will fail.
In order to complete the change password process, click the “Save” button after all fields have been filled in. A success message will appear at the top of the page, and an email confirming the password change will be automatically sent to the user’s email address.
The Change Email section lets you change the email used to log in to your account. The user will be presented with the following fields:
- Enter Password
- Enter New Email
- Confirm New Email
In order to complete the change Email address process, click “Save” after all fields have been filled in. You will remain logged into your account, with a session flash message displayed directing you to check the new email address for a confirmation message. You must then click a link in the confirmation email in order for the change to be finalized.
The Product Settings section allows you to give Collaborator access to your organization account. Therefore, your account will become a “dual account” , meaning you will have access to the features of both types of accounts from within one login. When adding Collaborator Access, a splash page pops up that provides more information about Collaborator accounts on the Magnet platform.
The user will then have two options to “Cancel” or to “Agree”.
- “Cancel” brings you back to the Settings page,
- “Agree” adds Collaborator functionality to your account and brings you into Collaborator onboarding.
Once the onboarding process is completed, you will have the ability to switch between Employer accounts and Collaborator.
It also works the other way around. Collaborator accounts can Create an Organization. It will follow the exact same procedure with the Organization onboarding process. The Organization access can be only be deleted by asking Support in case the organization is the last owner of the company.
The Deactivate section allows you to deactivate your Magnet account. A deactivated account will have its email address altered to indicate that the account has been deleted, and also to prevent the user from being able to access the account. You will be automatically logged out of their account on confirming the deactivation, and you will no longer be able to log in.
STEP 2: From the left-hand navigation menu, select on Site Preferences.
The Site Preferences section contains the following features: Email Preferences, Language Preferences, and Homepage Preferences
Email Preferences allows you to set the frequency at which you will receive emails from the Magnet system. There are four frequency options:
- None – You will not receive any emails of this type.
- Immediate – You will receive an email when the triggering action occurs.
- Daily – You will receive one email per day that the activity occurs. If there is no activity that day, you will not receive an email.
- Weekly – You will receive one email per week that the activity occurs. If there is no activity during the week, you will not receive an email.
Note that not every email type will offer all four of these frequency options.
Employer accounts have five emails they can receive:
- Magnet Network Updates – News about the Magnet Network. [Set to Immediate by default]
- New Feature Updates – Notification about new functionality or changes in the system. [Set to Immediate by default]
- Receipt of an Application – Notification of new applicants to active postings. [Set to Daily by default]
- Account Notifications – Notification about activity or changes affecting your account. [Set to Immediate by default]
- Community Messages – Notification of new Community Messages available on your home page. [Set to Daily by default]
Language Preferences allows the user to toggle their preferred language for their account. By default, this setting will be set to English. We currently allow the following language options:
Homepage Preferences displays a list of all senders of Community Messages you have blocked. If you wish to receive messages from a sender again, simply remove the sender from the list. All previously received messages from the sender will be restored to your account, but you will not be able to see any messages you might have received during the time period in which the sender was blocked.
STEP 3: Click on the Organization Settings on the menu.
The Manage Company menu option is only visible to the Owner and both types of Admin accounts. An Owner refers to the user account within an Employer account that controls the account’s users. An Admin is an account designated by the Owner. There are two types of Admin accounts:
- Organization Admins have almost all of the same abilities as the Owner, except that Admins cannot designate other users as Admins (they can designate Limited Admins, however) and they cannot transfer the ownership of the account.
- Organization Limited Admins can add and remove users from the account, but cannot change any user permissions.
All Users, including the Owner, on the account are listed in a table format that displays the following information:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Access Authorization – a toggle that allows the Owner/Admin to remove a user’s ability to access the account.
- Delete – a button that allows the Owner or Admin to permanently remove a user from the account.
Note that users cannot toggle their own Access Authorization or delete themselves from the account.
STEP 4: Add a new User to the organization.
To add a new User account, click on the Add Organization User button located to the top left of the users list. A New Organization User Information panel will open where the Owner can enter the basic information about the account. The following fields are presented, all of which are required to create the account:
- First Name
- Last Name
- User’s Email
- Confirm User’s Email
An optional item includes selecting Notification Language which identifies the language in which that user wants to receive information. To complete the account creation process, click the Create Account button at the bottom of the form. If any of the above fields are missing or if the two password fields do not match, an error message will appear under the top-most missing or incorrect field. A confirmation message will appear when the submission is successful, and a row for the new user will be added to the Manage Organization Users list.
The new user will receive a confirmation email at the address the Owner provided. The user must click the confirm link in the email in order for their account to be activated. At this time, the user will also be prompted to create a password for their account. Until the account is activated, the user’s row in the Manage Organization Users tab will read Pending Account Confirmation under the Access Authorization column.
STEP 5: Designate some Users as Admins from the Admin tab.
The Owner can choose to designate any User as an “Admin” or “Limited Admin” account from the Manage Organization Admins tab under Manage tab on the Manage Company page. Organization Admins have almost all the same abilities as the Owner, except that they cannot designate other users as Admins (they can designate Limited Admins) and they cannot transfer ownership of the account. Limited Admins can manage Users on the organization account in the same way that Owners can (adding users, toggling account access, deleting accounts etc.), except that Admins cannot delete other Admins or the Owner. Users can only be designated as an Admin once they have confirmed their account.
STEP 6: Under the Manage tab, click on the Transfer Ownership option.
This section allows the Owner to transfer their abilities to another user in the company, thereby changing their own account to a regular User account. A list of all available Users in the company will be displayed. If there are no other users attached to the company account, the page will be blank. To transfer admin privileges, the Owner simply needs to locate the individual they want to give the Owner title to, then click on the Make Owner button to the right of their name. Each Employer account can only have one Owner at a time.